• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Corningware Outlets

elyse

I heard you can get Pyrex pie plates for $.99 at the Flemington outlets. A friend is going to Woodbury Commons on Thursday and invited me along. Last time I was there, they seemed awfully pricey for an outlet place. But I have almost no experience with this sort of thing.

Is there a difference in outlet pricing and stock? Should I hop along for the ride, or wait until I can go to the place recommended?

Help!

I got some good deals at a Corning Outlet that I chanced upon in West Virginia a few years ago. Of course, that was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away from NYC.

Gustatory illiterati in an illuminati land.

Corning Outlets (which now include Revere) are often hit or miss for great bargains. I haven't seen 99 cent pyrex pie plates in Flemington NJ for several years.

Prices are more like $3, but that's not an item I regularly comparison shop.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

There are clearance outlets, such as Flemington and Freehold, and then there are factory outlets..which are just stores that do direct sales without the mark-up, and sell overruns for great prices.

Le Crueset, for example, in Flemington, has most of the inventory, at least 40% off.

Don't know about Woodbury NY (or the corning outlet at jersey gardens mall in Elizabeth, either).

Perhaps you might call around to the various locations:

--Elizabeth (3% sales tax, too)

--Woodbury

--Flemington

and see if they have the plate you're seeking in quantity, and if they'd hold onto 20 or 30 for you

Does Target carry this product, or Costco? Does it have to be glass, or is tin OK? Do any of your bakery places sell aluminum pie plates by the dozen?

(My question derives from your pricing calculation. If your plate costs $3, and you sell the pie plus plate for $12, then 25% of your gross goes to the plate.)

I'm signing off for tonight...

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

There are clearance outlets, such as Flemington and Freehold, and then there  are factory outlets..which are just stores that do direct sales without the mark-up, and sell overruns for great prices.

Le Crueset, for example, in Flemington, has most of the inventory, at least 40% off.

So what I want is a factory outlet? Where would I find those?

Does Target carry this product, or Costco?  Does it have to be glass, or is tin OK? Do any of your bakery places sell aluminum pie plates by the dozen?

(My question derives from your pricing calculation. If your plate costs $3, and you sell the pie plus plate for $12, then 25% of your gross goes to the plate.)

I'm signing off for tonight...

Target carries them, but at the same price as Zabar's. Costco, nope. I don't like aluminum, as it doesn't brown the bottom very well.

My Pyrex pies cost more because they're bigger, and I will offer a choice of the molds I currently use, and the Pyrex. The Pyrex is a much more attractive pie, and will come with a choice. Leave a refundable deposit for the plate, or tack on the extra cost. Now, if I can find the plates cheap, even better to keep costs lower.

I will call around though. Thanks.

So what I want is a factory outlet?  Where would I find those?

Here's the list of factory outlets.

Corningware Corelle Revere Factory Stores

Here's the contact info from the web site:

Call us at 1-800-999-3436 (North America)

(Monday-Friday 8:00am-6:00pm Eastern Time)

Mail us at:

World Kitchen Help Center

PO Box 7369

Endicott, NY 13760

Email us at: helpcenter@worldkitchenhelp.com.

We strive to answer your questions with one business day.

Call us at 1-800-999-3436 (North America)

(Monday-Friday 8:00am-6:00pm Eastern Time)

Mail us at:

World Kitchen Help Center

PO Box 7369

Endicott, NY 13760

Email us at: helpcenter@worldkitchenhelp.com.

We strive to answer your questions with one business day.

They can't list this under Corning, or Corningware, or Pyrex, or Stuben. It has to be World Kitchen Help Center. :wacko: How stupid of me.

They can't list this under Corning, or Corningware, or Pyrex, or Stuben.  It has to be World Kitchen Help Center. :wacko: How stupid of me.

My talent is free associating (popularly known as ADD - attention deficit disorder.) :wacko:

Edited by hillbill (log)

Funny you said that. I was having an awful time looking aroung that coupon site. Too many words in too many places. I got scared and went away.

Have you seen Schielke's Dorito thread? :biggrin:

Edited by elyse (log)

Funny you said that.  I was having an awful time looking aroung that coupon site.  Too many words in too many places.  I got scared and went away.

Did you find the Corning Coupon?

Have you seen Schielke's Dorito thread? :biggrin:

Yes and I think that the whatchamacallit he found should be the new Doritos TV commercial.

And speaking of logical thinking, if we had searched for Grilla Gear it would have brought us directly to the World Kitchen/Corningware Corelle Revere Factory Stores web site.

Obviously. :huh:

SO! I bought 20 or so at $2.99, buy one get one free. $1.50 each! Not as good as my .99 cent wish, but damn good anyway. My friend bought some other stuff, and brought it up to $50, so I used the $10 coupon. Cooool.

Thanks so much!