• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Safeco Dogs

As long as you can conceal a small flask (350ml and smaller) where it doesn't look conspicuous, you shouldn't have any problem smuggling booze into Sa-fee-co Field. That and don't brandish it with wild abandon, making a scene for yourself and you'll be fine.

Before the game yesterday I bought two plastic "travelers," one a full fifth and one a half-fifth (350ml). I tried putting each one in my jacket but the full fifth was kind of ridiculous. So the moral of the story is, everybody bring their own flask. But even that small flask is good enough for two people, even two folks who drink as much as my buddy and myself. :shock:

So the moral of the story is, don't buy Safeco food or drink: BYOB and banh mi makes for an inexpensive day at the ballpark! :smile:

Col, how carefully do they check bags upon entry to Safeco field? Is security still pretty tight? I'm thinking about smuggling in some liquored up candy (mmmm..whiskey balls) in lieu of a bottle. Me likes to eat my booze.

A palate, like a mind, works better with exposure and education and is a product of its environment.

-- Frank Bruni

They're very diligent in checking the bags, any "illicit" items should be stored safely in the pockets of your clothes or jackets. But as long as the candies look like food, they probably won't bat an eye.

I love that idea but I believe a camelback would be considered a back pack and as I snooped out:

No soft-sided containers, coolers, backpacks or large bags or purses allowed.

But wouldn't it be cool to premix margaritas or mojitos and sip on them all game? But would they get too warm?