• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

TN: 1999 Kistler Sonoma County Chardonnay

tjaehnigen

----------------------------------------------

4/9/03

I had this again tonight. Had to make room in the storage unit for the 6 new bottles of Kistler I got through LCC.

This wine has achieved a very nice golden yellow color. My bottle actually had a fair amount of sediment, which I found odd for a white that is thing young. I wonder if this is typical or not.

Nice toasted nuts and toffee on the nose along with some enticing tropical fruits and pear perhaps. Nice richness to this when tasting, along with creaminess/butteriness. Interlaced with supple tropical fruits and a distinct nuttiness around the edges.

This is more like I remember this wine than what I had for New Year's at my friend's place. Nice lingering finish.

A solid 90. Maybe up to 91 TJ points.