• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

TN: 1994 Ridge Monte Bello

tjaehnigen

3/29/03

Cost = ??? TJ Rating = 93+

I am finally getting around to posting TNs for this. I had this at the 3/29 VC Rocks at Equinox DC offline.

This was my WOTN by edging out the 97 Tapestry. I find it surprising that the Tapestry came so close to beating this wine out or even sharing the title of WOTN.

Anyway, this was near the end of the night andwe'd had many wines. So my TNs really only say "Wow" and "Violets". I do remember that it was a really well put together bottle of wine. This wine was supple and elegant, but never ever came close to being flabby. Still plenty of tannins in it so I know it will improve. And loads of fruit. A really terriffic finish.

I had a bottle of 94 Monte Bello with dinner last week, unfortunatly it was the last bottle in my cellar. It's a stellar bottle of wine, great fruit, great ballance, and an amazing finish.