• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

TN: 1990 Bollinger R.D. (Champagne)

tjaehnigen

This was tasted prior to the JohnnyB (Vinocellar) offline dinner and during the sushi course and the shrimp/avacado tower thingie Corkage made (paired very well, very well) . Tasted out of Riedel Sommelier stems (I really like the shape of these stems, nice).

Now this champagne was more along the lines of what I more typically expect from a campagne (as opposed to the Taittinger we'd just had, which was more complex). This had a lot more effervescence (sp?) and was deliciously minerrally and popped into my head some more citrusiness along the lighter more crisp style. Yum.

Also, my TN descriptors are an amalgam of all of us who drank the juice.

I am not very good at assigning points to champagne, but this was really good and I say it rates easily 91-92 points on the TJ-champagne scale. Just a notch under the Taittinger, IMO.