• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Welcome to the eGullet Wine Forum

Craig Camp

The eGullet Wine Forum is a place where all are welcome to discuss and seek information about all wine related matters.

No question is too basic to be asked. Novices will find the broad range of wine knowledgeable members more than happy guide them through their introduction to this most interesting of beverages. If you are a bit nervous to post a question at first, please feel free to send me a PM with your question.

For you connoisseurs, few topics can bring out such an intense debate as a discussion of the relative merits of various vineyards, vintages, producers and wine producing countries. We look forward to many blood pressure raising debates.

To be clear upfront, I will lay my prejudice on the table. For my palate, the best wines are produced in Europe. I like a good natural acidity in my wines and a strong taste of terroir - the soil from which they came. I do not like squeaky-clean industrial products. I also believe that today great wines come from every serious wine producing region in the world.

I have been seriously involved with fine wines from all over the world for thirty-years, both as a professional and as an amateur . I have never been bored once - although I am sure that I have been able to bore others with a topic that I find so fascinating. Here we wine geeks can go on and on and on...

Welcome to the eGullet Wine Forum.

Best regards,

Craig Camp

Wine is bottled poetry. Robert Louis Stevenson