• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lexington, KY

coolranch

I'm headed to Lexington in a few weeks, and although I'll be cooped up inside a hotel conference room most of the time, I think I'll be able to venture out for a meal or two. One breakfast and one dinner, most likely.

I'm not sure yet what part of town yet.

thanks in advance...

Challah back!

• 3 weeks later...

Oops.. sorry to be getting to this so late, so if you have already made your trip forgive me.

I live in Lexington, and while there are a few gems, you will find that it is really over-run with chains and mediocre places. I was at a party not too long ago with some people who owned a few of the nicer places in town and there was a great discussion about how a town as diverse as Lexington could be so lacking in the dining experience.

1. Ed and Fred's Desert Moon downtown is pretty tasty. The atmosphere is key to the enjoyment though.

2. Bistro 147 - very very yummy.

3. Joe Bolognas

4. Emmett's

5. Dudley's

6. It is hard to find a good breakfast, but there is a sweet little french bakery called Le Matin, that is delish.

hope you have/had fun

Jamie