• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FauxPas

FauxPas

@Shelby, I have the Anchor Hocking measuring cup set (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) that @rotutsmentioned up above. 

(Correction: See below. Mine are actually Anchor Hocking Fire-King)

I've had them for years and I really like them. They are glass but they nest/stack together really well so they are fairly space-saving. I put them through the dishwasher all the time and the numbers/markings haven't faded at all.  

Edited to add: 

Mine are Anchor Hocking Fire-King. Not all say "Fire-King" on them and I think they may be better made than the plain Anchor Hocking ones. 

Here are the ones I have (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)

On the Amazon Canada site, one woman said:

"Love these measuring cups! 

This is my third set of Anchor measuring cups. I only need to replace them every 20 years or so because the measuring lines eventually fade from being washed in the dishwasher." 

Edited again to add:  Not sure why the individual ones are so pricey on Amazon USA. I can buy that set at the local Canadian Tire store for $20. So, if you are interested in them, I would suggest shopping around. Or check out the Amazon site more carefully than I did, ha. 

FauxPas

FauxPas

@Shelby, I have the Anchor Hocking measuring cup set (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) that @rotutsmentioned up above. 

(Correction: See below. Mine are actually Anchor Hocking Fire-King)

I've had them for years and I really like them. They are glass but they nest/stack together really well so they are fairly space-saving. I put them through the dishwasher all the time and the numbers/markings haven't faded at all.  

Edited to add: 

Mine are Anchor Hocking Fire-King. Not all say "Fire-King" on them and I think they may be better made than the plain Anchor Hocking ones. 

Here are the ones I have (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)

On the Amazon Canada site, one woman said:

"Love these measuring cups! 

This is my third set of Anchor measuring cups. I only need to replace them every 20 years or so because the measuring lines eventually fade from being washed in the dishwasher."