• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Farro

ElsieD

16 hours ago, ElsieD said:

I ended up buying the Kindle version of Everyday Whole Grains by Ann Taylor Pittman who at the time was the Executive Director of Cooking Light.  The grains covered are Amaranth, Barley, Brown Rice, Buckwheat, Bulger, Einkorn, Freekeh, Wheat Berries, Kamut, Millet, Oats, Quinoa, Rye Berries, Sorghum, Spelt, Teff and Wild Rice. For each of these, she gives a description of how to enjoy each of them, such as ground for flour, soups, porridge, side dishes etc.  Also given are basic cooking instructions for each, I.e. water to grain ratio and length of time to cook.  It is also stated if they are good sourc3s of fiber, protein, folic acid and magnesium.  Finally, all recipes have the nutritional xinformation.

I haven't had a chance to look through the recipes themselves yet, but I'm pretty happy to have all the up-front info.

Curses! I just put a used copy in my cart. I browsed the sample on Amazon and some of those recipes look too good to pass up.

• Haha 3

Deb

Liberty, MO