• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

You see this cover every few steps. There are really a lot of these in the capital.
7N1gNHJ.jpg

Drivers here are skilled at negotiating the many narrow stone roads. I must step to the side when a car approaches, the width of the road is barely wider than the car. Also, if not used to walking on stones (and going uphill at the same time) your feet will be sore at the end of the day.
BlsuFXH.jpg

BRMjP9h.jpg

The many small stairs and passages that link the steep roads. Elderly people and everyone else just get on with it.
QLZTYUX.jpg

WZRDRIj.jpg

Knocker
ooEugXi.jpg

Lunch in the rain.

Just want a simple salad but order the "loaded" one by mistake.
7Hif5zR.jpg

Papas arrugadas (potatoes cooked in sea salt and left to dry out a little). Always eaten with a sauce ("mojo"). Very typical Canarian.
JNPVBwh.jpg

Very nice spicy sauce.
Adiq58o.jpg

Another Canarian classic is morena frito (deep fried moray eel, with bones and skin).
3sDCJ0q.jpg

I don't make rice at home, the partner has to order rice elsewhere... We eat some of the paella and take the rest back for the next day.
2yXdb5U.jpg

There's a beeeeautiful classic BMW parked steps from my building. Rare to see such a beauty.
x51v05P.jpg

GVgEgYV.jpg

xfJqCqR.jpg

Cool windscreen wipers.
fezqJMJ.jpg

zBJ9ilY.jpg

Thanks, Jo!

BonVivant

BonVivant

You see this cover every few steps. There are really a lot of these in the capital.
7N1gNHJ.jpg

Drivers here are skilled at negotiating the many narrow stone roads. I must step to the side when a car approaches, the width of the road is barely wider than the car. Also, if not used to walking on stones (and going uphill at the same time) your feet will be sore at the end of the day.
BlsuFXH.jpg

BRMjP9h.jpg

The many small stairs and passages that link the steep roads. Elderly people and everyone else just get on with it.
QLZTYUX.jpg
WZRDRIj.jpg

Knocker
ooEugXi.jpg

Lunch in the rain.

Just want a simple salad but order the "loaded" one by mistake.
7Hif5zR.jpg

Papas arrugadas (potatoes cooked in sea salt and left to dry out a little). Always eaten with a sauce ("mojo"). Very typical Canarian.
JNPVBwh.jpg

Very nice spicy sauce.
Adiq58o.jpg

Another Canarian classic is morena frito (deep fried moray eel, with bones and skin).
3sDCJ0q.jpg

I don't make rice at home, the partner has to order rice elsewhere... We eat some of the paella and take the rest back for the next day.
2yXdb5U.jpg

There's a beeeeautiful classic BMW parked steps from my building. Rare to see such a beauty.
x51v05P.jpg

GVgEgYV.jpg

xfJqCqR.jpg

Cool windscreen wipers.
fezqJMJ.jpg

zBJ9ilY.jpg

Thanks, Jo!