• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

I finally contacted my ex-student with the pomelo farming family. She told me she has never heard of the leaves being eaten or any other culinary usage, but repeated the Oxford Companion information re ceremonial baths in my opening post, adding that they are boiled in water which is also then used to bathe children with colds.

So why they were being sold as a vegetable or spice remains a mystery.

On 12/13/2023 at 11:23 PM, jedovaty said:

It could also be as simple as some enterprising entrepreneur drawing a connection to citrus leaves, then decided to put them up for sale.

Could be. Who knows?

liuzhou

liuzhou

I finally contacted my ex-student with the pomelo farming family. She told me she has never heard of the leaves being eaten, but repeated the Oxford Companion information re ceremonial baths in my opening post, adding that they are boiled in water which is also then used to bathe children with colds.

So why they were being sold as a vegetable or spice remains a mystery.

On 12/13/2023 at 11:23 PM, jedovaty said:

It could also be as simple as some enterprising entrepreneur drawing a connection to citrus leaves, then decided to put them up for sale.

Could be. Who knows?