• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

chef koo

chef koo

I was looking at purchasing a green onion slier, but they're about $700. The Kitchenaid slicer attachment is only $70 on Amazon.

My concerns are whether it can slice thinly enough.

My other concern was if it'll crush the green onion instead of slicing it. Is the blade sharp/angled enough to get a clean cut?

chef koo

chef koo

I was looking at purchasing a green onion slier, but they're about $700. The Kitchenaid slicer attachment is only $70 on Amazon.

My concerns are whether it can slice thinly enough. It doesn't need to be filament thin but thin.

My other concern was if it'll crush the green onion instead of slicing it. Is the blade sharp/angled enough to get a clean cut?

chef koo

chef koo

My concerns are whether it can slice thinly enough. It doesn't need to be filament thin but thin.

My other concern was if it'll crush the green onion instead of slicing it. Is the blade sharp/angled enough to get a clean?

chef koo

chef koo

My other concern was if it'll crush the green onion instead of slicing it. Is the blade sharp/angled enough?