• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ChocolateCakey

ChocolateCakey

tape it to a cardboard so it doesnt curl as it sets up

What does “set up” mean, does it mean temper the chocolate and then let it completely cool on the transparency sheet?

I forgot to ask, does a powdered sugar design on a cake move around during transit, assuming the powdered sugar is non-melting?

are you sending the cake in the tin you are baking it in or putting it on a cake board? 

I have cake boards and thought to use plastic wrap, is there anything to know about how to pack this type of cake? For instance, will it benefit/harm this kind of cake to freeze it at any point of the process, would it be necessary to do certain things I haven’t accounted for.

ChocolateCakey

ChocolateCakey

tape it to a cardboard so it doesnt curl as it sets up

What does “set up” mean, does it mean temper the chocolate and then let it completely cool on the transparency sheet?

I forgot to ask, does a powdered sugar design on a cake move around during transit, assuming the powdered sugar is non-melting?

are you sending the cake in the tin you are baking it in or putting it on a cake board? 

I have a cake board and thought to use plastic wrap, is there anything to know about how to pack this type of cake? For instance, will it benefit/harm this kind of cake to freeze it at any point of the process, would it be necessary to do certain things I haven’t accounted for.