• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FauxPas

FauxPas

Sorry @btbyrd, I understand your point. I guess I would add that methane leaks do happen at all stages of gas extraction, storage and transportation as well as in home usage. And yeah, CO2 is going to be sticking around for a very long time so its effects get compounded. My badly worded post is just trying to say that a gazillion homes using natural gas are definitely worsening an already critical situation. 

FauxPas

FauxPas

Sorry, I understand your point. I guess I would add that methane leaks do happen at all stages of gas extraction, storage and transportation as well as in home usage. And yeah, CO2 is going to be sticking around for a very long time so its effects get compounded. My badly worded post is just trying to say that a gazillion homes using natural gas are definitely worsening an already critical situation.