• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

spelling

I've had a Waring juicer for years.  It is loud and dangerous, and jumps around on the table.  It does juice fruit such as apples, except that it is then a pain to clean.  The Kuvings is quiet and there is less froth.  OK, I'd say so far there is no froth.  Kuvings makes a vacuum blender but I don't think they have a vacuum juicer.

This afternoon I juiced up some old hairy carrots.  Slimy too, but I washed them.  And ginger that was to the point of being soft.  Clean up was easier because I remembered the injunction to rinse the mechanism out with water first.  I like that there are no sharp parts.  Carrots and ginger were not a combination from the book.  Taste was medicinal healthful.

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

I've had a Waring juicer for years.  It is loud and dangerous, and jumps around on the table.  It does juice fruit such as apples, except that it is then a pain to clean.  The Kuvings is quiet and there is less froth.  OK, I'd say so far there is no froth.  Kuvings makes a vacuum blender but I don't think they have a vacuum juicer.

This afternoon I juiced up some old hairy carrots.  Slimy too, but I washed them.  And ginger that was to the point of being soft.  Clean up was easier because I remembered the injunction to rise the mechanism out with water first.  I like that there are no sharp parts.  Carrots and ginger were not a combination from the book.  Taste was medicinal healthful.