• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Le Figaro

David Bizer

In case anyone wanted to check this out after the day I posted, it's not possible. I can send anyone a scan of the article if someone was really curious. Otherwise, we'll have to wait until LeFigaro has a better site! Thanks to magnolia for pointing this out to me.

Cheers.

Interesting that in France, a country with some really great meat, one can never find a decent burger. The best I've found is at "Annette's Diner", in Disneyland Resort Paris. Pathetic, I know, but I haven't found anything comparable elsewhere.

The new meat restaurant "Devez" (by the owners of the "Aubrac") apparently has a great one, though..

Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring, and a drop of water added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddles it." ALFRED JARRY

blog

fresh_a, sadly agree about the lack of good burgers. Good meat, bread and cheese - you'd think we have all the elements needed.

Thanks to you and David for the tips.

Devez

5 PLACE DE L'ALMA

75008 PARIS

01 53 67 97 53

Coffee Parisien

4 RUE PRINCESSE

75006 PARIS

01 43 54 18 18

More accessible options than Disney - though perhaps not better.

I used to go to France to avoid burgers. The only time I could appreciate one was during the first two weeks of returning from France. And then I suspect it was because real restaurants paled. That was many years ago and restaurants in New York are now so much better and more interesting however.

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.