• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Jim D.

Jim D.

On 2/20/2023 at 5:03 PM, Kerry Beal said:

Which part did he think was defective? The stem or the knob?

I knew you would be interested in the resolution of this problem and just received an answer.  Turns out the owner is traveling abroad, so connecting with him was difficult.  Here's the response:  "The spring on your top lock is actually going to be the problem here, it is too tall."

I was very curious and so asked how the wrong spring was shipped.  The correct spring is going to be shipped to me along with a video showing how to change it (they must know they are dealing with a know-nothing user on this end). 

Jim D.

Jim D.

On 2/20/2023 at 5:03 PM, Kerry Beal said:

Which part did he think was defective? The stem or the knob?

I knew you would be interested in the resolution of this problem and just received an answer.  Turns out the owner is traveling abroad, so connecting with him was difficult.  Here's the response:  "The spring on your top lock is actually going to be the problem here, it is too tall."

I was very curious and so asked how the wrong spring was shipped.  The correct spring is going to be shipped to me along with a video showing how to change it (they must know they are dealing with a no-nothing user on this end).