• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

edible by Ryder and Topalian

heidih

edible: A Celebration of Local Foods by Tracey Ryder and CaroleTopalian is a 2010 release. It comes from Edible Communities Publications which celebrates and promotes local farmers. I was thumbing through my copy and stumbled upon an essay on page 125 titled "A Portrait of the Farmer as a Young Man". The piece richly describes that special world of getting produce to market/restaurant in the wee hours. I had a flashback eGullet moment and sure enough his wife did a great blog here in 2005  

The book takes you across the country looking at some of the different tacks farmers and food producers are taking to survive and sometimes even thrive. 

Edited by Smithy
Adjusted link to be Amazon-friendly (log)
  • Like 1