• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Alex

Alex

to correct sloppy writing

5 hours ago, gfweb said:

Never been to Erie, but I've been puzzled by the apparent lack of restaurants , at least on Open Table. Is it devoid of sit-down restaurants?

I don't have the knowledge to address your restaurant question directly, but you might get some insight by reading the  posts and articles James Fallows has written about the city as part of his American Futures series in The Atlantic. Here's the most recent one, with links to six others in the body of the story.

Alex

Alex

2 hours ago, gfweb said:

Never been to Erie, but I've been puzzled by the apparent lack of restaurants , at least on Open Table. Is it devoid of sit-down restaurants?

I don't have the knowledge to address your restaurant question directly, but you might get some insight by reading James Fallows posts and articles he's written about the city as part of his American Futures series in The Atlantic. Here's the most recent one, with links to six others in the body of the story.