• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

2 hours ago, rotuts said:

any one have a dual-file range ?

Yes, I have a GE gas top/electric oven range.  Been in use for over 10 years now.  It does a nice job and has enough BTUs for anything I've ever done.

It also has a small second oven on the bottom which I thought would be useful for my bread baking but turned out to be a total waste of space, it is useless as it takes forever to heat up and is to small in height for a bread pan's expansion. 

This was my first ever gas top and I do like how it cooks.  It has the black enamel top with heavy cast iron grates; the enamel does require a bit of attention but I have a tip for those who have this: Buy some Sprayway Stainless Steel cleaner!  I used this on my top and it came out looking brand new!  Amazing. 

I also have the stupid ventless micro but have no other option.

All in all, I'm quite satisfied with the range I have.  I would not consider a gas oven. 

lindag

lindag

2 hours ago, rotuts said:

any one have a dual-file range ?