• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

you salted before SV ?  if so did you get any 'corned' flavors ?

were these 'fall off the bone' ?   that would be a reason to go to 72 H

I really like 130.1 for tough cuts  " to tenderness desired "

I tihnk there is much more flavor than braise, which is really as much about the sauce as the meats.

I think the SV market might enjoy a programable SV-er, as Im pretty lazy 'at times' that would do a

step-wise  SV a la PedroG  where each component in " meats " got denatured so that the " Whole Hunk " did not contract, what ever final temp

suited you.

one of my many projects that will remain a " thought exercise "

PS Shelby :

have you done IP'd ribs yet ?

rotuts

rotuts

you salted before SV ?  if so did you get any 'corned' flavors ?

were these 'fall off the bone' ?   that would be a reason to go to 72 H

I really like 130.1 for tough cuts  " to tenderness desired "

I tihnk there is much more flavor than braise, which is really as much about the sauce as the meats.

I think the SV market might enjoy a programable SV-er, as Im pretty lazy 'at times' that would do a

step-wise  SV a la PedroG  where each component in " meats " got denatured so that the " Whole Hunk " did not contract, what ever final temp

suited you.

one of my many projects that will remain a " thought exercise "