• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lambda Carrageenan

Karen C

I am trying to locate lambda carrageenan for the pistachio gelato. The recipe indicates the Texturas brand but I cannot find that nor any other brand or supplier. Does anyone have a source or an appropriate substitute they can recommend? I have managed to find all of the other ingredients.

Thank you.

Thank you for that information. I found that information in the recipe collection you indicated but I am having trouble finding that product for sale to individuals rather than the food industry. I will try their US phone number today.

The cookbook recommends the Texturas brand but on their websiteI only see that they make a kappa and iota, not lambda.

http://www.albertyferranadria......x-eng.html

I'll keep looking - finding the ingredients for the pistachio gelato is turning out to be much more challenging than I thought it would be. I am having some trouble figuring out an appropriate substitution so I will have to try to read the appropriate chapter more carefully as well.

• 4 weeks later...