• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Brasa Brazilian Steakhouse

Kerry Beal

My meal in Niagara Falls, Ontario at Brasa Brazilian Steakhouse. There are two Brazilian churrascarias in town - and this one seems to get the best reports. I was helping out my Big Green Egg dealer at the Greater Niagara Home and Garden show today - and a customer who lives in the area and does maintenance on the various Hilton properties noted that this would be the best of the two to check out.

7075330531_3534141e36_z.jpg

Of course one must start with a caipirinha or two.

6929255104_ea20c0e0b1_z.jpg

Starters and 'dipping spices' for the red meats were brought. There were little cheese buns and a deep fried polenta with a bit of cheese - quite yummy.

6929255396_706d9bb99d_z.jpg

There was a huge salad bar to choose from. The pickled spicy green beans were very interesting.

7075330613_68103a284d_z.jpg

Not easy to get pictures when you are responsible for catching the meat in a pair of tongs while it is being cut off (and attempting to do it left handed). My favourite - the pichana - overheard one of the gauchos telling a customer - "it's not really rump - that's just the english translation of the word" - I'm thinking "yeah it's rump!"

7075330575_845913e7fd_z.jpg

Garlic steak - big chunks of sirloin with lots of garlic.

6929255272_7f5a6e6952_z.jpg

Top sirloin - another favourite.

7075330701_df79bab0d4_z.jpg

Bottom sirloin - not as nice.

Also enjoyed - lamb, pineapple with brown sugar.

Yup - you notice my plate had all the hearts of palm! Hubby of course did mostly the salad and a big hunk of salmon as he's not quite the red meat fiend that I am.