• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

huiray

huiray

I don't remember having lettuce or tomato slices with a Filet-O-Fish in the USA nor even back in the 70's in the UK. But my memory may be playing tricks on me. Still, I don't think I *want* lettuce and tomato with it. I think it is complete the way I've had it served, with a slice of American cheese  and lots of tartar sauce. No fancy cheeses please, no special chopped-pickles-tartar sauce on it.

For myself, the F-O-F is fine for what it is. It isn't gourmet food. Sure, it was better years ago - but time marches on and nostalgic reminiscences are subject to the Law of Diminishing Returns. It is not eGullet-oh-so-special food. Just eat it. Well, I do - and like it - and would always willingly eat one and seek it out when I am in the mood.

huiray

huiray

I don't remember having lettuce or tomato slices with a Filet-O-Fish in the USA nor even back in the 70's in the UK. But my memory may be playing tricks on me. Still, I don't think I *want* lettuce and tomato with it. I think it is complete the way I've had it served, with a slice of American cheese  and lots of tartar sauce. No fancy cheeses please, no special chopped-pickles-tartar sauce on it.

The F-O-F is fine for what it is. It isn't gourmet food. Sure, it was better years ago - but time marches on and nostalgic reminiscences are subject to the Law of Diminishing Returns. It is not eGullet-oh-so-special food. Just eat it. Well, I do - and like it - and would always willingly eat one and seek it out when I am in the mood.