• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Producing mass amounts of pudding in low cost setup?

Lucil

Anybody care to help me out on what is the fastest way to produce more than 1000-4000 filled plastic containers of pudding in a day?? And is able to produce it at a relatively short time using the most minimum of equipments, will a steamer help speed up the process??able to produce while other workers are busy attending to customers

First, i have to mix the powder and liquid in a big metal container, however here comes the difficult part,

how do i heat mass amounts of mixture so that i can be able to add agar/lactone to coagulate it and then place it to individual containers to be ready to be sold to customers ..

i was thinking of putting the mixture into the plastic containers and steam them(additional cost of a steamer), and then while its hot, add the agar and wait for it to cool and chill them. does this make any sense??

i cant possibly heat the big metal container as i will place it on the floor.

the setup of the shop is relatively sparse , and assuming if there is no gas burner is it possible?? is a steamer more effective than a burner to heat the mixture? will an electric kettle do the trick??

Edited by Lucil (log)

This sounds like an enterprise I would outsource to someone who already has the necessary equipment, and then be there to monitor quality control on my recipe.

Theresa

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

- Abraham Lincoln