• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

One time, a long time ago, my son and I took a trip to LA to visit his mom and grandparents stopping along the way to sight see. After leaving LA we came back to Kansas via Highway 1 along the coast and north of San Francisco, headed east to Jackson Hole. Somewhere, while still in California, on a forested two lane, we came to a fork in the road.  On one fork were two tall posts with a chain across the road. Across the top of the two poles was a sign that said Hidden Valley. I have always wondered if that was the same place as where the dressing came from.

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

One time, a long time ago, my son and I took a trip to LA to visit his mom and grandparents stopping along the way to sight see. After leaving LA we came back to Kansas via Highway 1 along the coast and north of San Francisco, headed west to Jackson Hole. Somewhere, while still in California, on a forested two lane, we came to a fork in the road.  On one fork were two tall posts with a chain across the road. Across the top of the two poles was a sign that said Hidden Valley. I have always wondered if that was the same place as where the dressing came from.