• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bragg Amino Acids

BadRabbit

It's a seasoning, similar to soy sauce in flavour but a bit more complex and a lot thinner (well, a lot thinner than the soy I use). It's fabulous on salads, and quite salty.

The whole thing with Bragg's is that it's processed at a much lower temperature than most commercial soy-type products, which leaves all of the amino acids of the soy intact - hence the name of the product. Think of it as thin, sous-vide soy sauce.

Elizabeth Campbell, baking 10,000 feet up at 1° South latitude.

My eG Food Blog (2011)My eG Foodblog (2012)

It's a seasoning, similar to soy sauce in flavour but a bit more complex and a lot thinner (well, a lot thinner than the soy I use). It's fabulous on salads, and quite salty.

The whole thing with Bragg's is that it's processed at a much lower temperature than most commercial soy-type products, which leaves all of the amino acids of the soy intact - hence the name of the product. Think of it as thin, sous-vide soy sauce.

OK. Thanks. I might try it out sometime.

They should really change the name to something more appealing. It sounds more like something that bodybuilders would buy at GNC than it does a flavouring.

Bragg's as a company is all about super-health, so I can't see them changing their name or marketing any. The originators of the company were bodybuilders, and since the stuff is often available in GNC-type stores, it's not all that off-target.

Elizabeth Campbell, baking 10,000 feet up at 1° South latitude.

My eG Food Blog (2011)My eG Foodblog (2012)