• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pendleton, SC

zeffer81

Visiting my husband's grandparents for a few days and was hoping for something fun to do (and something good to eat!) in the area. I understand that we'll be close to Clemson University. Please help us get out of the house! ;)

For breakfast, Betty's Hungry House Cafe in Seneca, just west of Clemson. There are some fish camps (fish restaurants) out of town a bit. Long gone, but you still be be able to find the cookbook, the Clemson House was known for southern cooking. Anderson is near Clemson too. There are a few Skin Thrashers but it is worth hunting down the original one on Hudgens Street for the best hot dogs in the area. Beware, there is a two beer limit and profanity is not allowed.

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter