• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

eggnog

53 minutes ago, MelissaH said:

I am looking at these popsicles when my area is under a winter storm warning, with 9 inches/22 cm of snow predicted before tomorrow morning. Are popsicles a year-round food for those of you who live in places where it doesn't snow?

If I were shivering and wrapped in blankets like @heidih, I'm not sure I'd want one but I find them quite pleasant whenever it's over 85°F or so and I've noticed that kids seem to like them most anytime. 

Edited to add that last year, I made some eggnog popsicles and I'm kinda looking forward to having those again over the holidays!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

30 minutes ago, MelissaH said:

I am looking at these popsicles when my area is under a winter storm warning, with 9 inches/22 cm of snow predicted before tomorrow morning. Are popsicles a year-round food for those of you who live in places where it doesn't snow?

If I were shivering and wrapped in blankets like @heidih, I'm not sure I'd want one but I find them quite pleasant whenever it's over 85°F or so and I've noticed that kids seem to like them most anytime.