• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

To add the flames

For the eG 20th anniversary party, I made a batch of Flaming Orange Gully pops

IMG_4185.thumb.jpeg.b2e7a33f65e4e1d41a5e95cfd2fe9f3c.jpeg

The Flaming Orange Gully cocktail was created by Dale DeGroff after being challenged by@Varmint during an eG Q&A session back in 2002.  You can find the recipe here and read some discussion about it over here

The cocktail recipe uses orange vodka as the base spirit.  There's no reason to put vodka in pops as it just makes them melty and doesn't add any flavor beyond a bit of citrus in this case so I omitted it but used the recipe proportions of orange juice, lime juice, Velvet Falernum and Angostora bitters and grated the nutmeg garnish over the pops after unmolding them. 

Here's the flaming part 🙃

IMG_3217.thumb.jpeg.f356d03419058cddd182fe8e14ddabca.jpeg

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

For the eG 20th anniversary party, I made a batch of Flaming Orange Gully pops

IMG_4185.thumb.jpeg.b2e7a33f65e4e1d41a5e95cfd2fe9f3c.jpeg

The Flaming Orange Gully cocktail was created by Dale DeGroff after being challenged by@Varmint during an eG Q&A session back in 2002.  You can find the recipe here and read some discussion about it over here

The cocktail recipe uses orange vodka as the base spirit.  There's no reason to put vodka in pops as it just makes them melty and doesn't add any flavor beyond a bit of citrus in this case so I omitted it but used the recipe proportions of orange juice, lime juice, Velvet Falernum and Angostora bitters and grated the nutmeg garnish over the pops after unmolding them.