• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Racine (Paris 2e) and Lembert (16e)

pierre45

Racine

I finally made it to Racine with 3 oklahomans.ITs a very small bistro a vins and its set as part of a passageway built in 1847.The food is simple but with top notch ingredients .i,e Hugo Desnoyer.WE started with wonderful cold cuts and St jacques in butter sauce.The mains were very tasty duck breasts.What made this place special is the wine.

Natural and sourced by the chef.They were well balanced,with high quality fruit and very pleasant.I knew about the chef's strong opinions,so we put ourselves in his hands with excellent results. Average cost is around 40-45 euros/person

Lembert

The restaurant is set in a country grocery store/ cave that specializes in foies gras

and cuisine de Perigord.IT was truly a delight to start with foie gras tasting consisting of 4 generous samples; foie gras d'oie, de canard, foie gras torche and a peppered one.Deliceous ,rich and decadent. THis was followed by tournedos de canard aux truffes.Truly authentic and tasty.The way its always been served in the south west of france.

THe dessert ,gateau aux noix was deliceous.The total cost was 34 euros, a steal.

I drank a very pleasant 02 Bergerac wine that went well.The wine list ,mostly from the S-W is very reasonable.

This restaurant like Racine is Traditional French and mostly frequented by locals.

Its a trip back to old France