• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Au Revoir Brasserie Perrier

shacke

The Inky is reporting the whiplash rapid closing of Brasserie Perrier:

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/37034694.html

Is this the beginning of the end of a tired empire? Lease issues reported. True or is spending more time with the family overused as a reason these days?

Edited by shacke (log)

Dough can sense fear.

Um. Don't necessarily count Georges down and out yet. His restaurant in the burbs and Table 31 are still very much operational, as is the now more casual and less starred Le Bec Fin. I'm not saying it's their heyday, but it's a long way from circling the drain like some other likely suspects in town...

When they start cutting their hours back to nothing or unpredictable, stop paying the help, close down for days with no notice or inexplicably turn into a macaroni and cheese cafe then we can talk about the end of an empire. And don't forget. You need to have established an empire to lose one. :wink:

Edited by KatieLoeb (log)

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

• 2 weeks later...
I've always thought Apple Stores should have restaurants in them, like  IKEA...

Before that happens, Apple will come out with the first circular laptop computer, the Apple pi.

Sandy Smith, Exile on Oxford Circle, Philadelphia

"95% of success in life is showing up." --Woody Allen

My foodblogs: 1 | 2 | 3