• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gin Dandy

Becca Porter

I tried a Gin Dandy recipe that I found in Martha Stewart's Blueprint magazine. I remember it had Pom liqueur, Gin, and citrus juice in it. It made a pitcher full. It was so good, and I would love to make it tonight. If anyone has that recipe, or any other, I would really appreciate it. Thank you and Merry Christmas!

-Becca

www.porterhouse.typepad.com

Yes, that is the only recipe I could find. If I remember correctly though something is missing.

Hi, this is my first post, but I thought I'd come out of lurk mode because I enjoy hunting things up on the web.

Are you sure the drink was in Blueprint? The Martha Stewart website apparently has the Blueprint recipes archived along with the others, but I couldn't find anything called "Gin Dandy" or anything that fit your description there. (Some other yummy sounding drinks though . . . .) However, it is possible that for some reason it just isn't on the site. Your best bet may be to hit the public library if you have any idea what issue it was in.

That said, I did find this drink which doesn't have the correct name, but perhaps fits your description (it has gin, Pom juice, and citrus, plus some other things, and it makes a quantity), "Plymouth Gin Holiday Punch": http://www.nybarfly.com/my_weblog/2008/12/...ymouth-gin.html Perhaps it is close to what you remember?