• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Guerilla BYO tactics

tommy

I don't have a "problem" with people bring there own glasses,it just seems a bit pompous.I don't have any experience of BYO places, but i asssumed that people bringing there own good wine to drink at a restaurant, it would be to accompany suitably good food and so, the restaurant would have suitable glasses to drink this wine.So are there places that serve great food, that are BYO, and have crap glasses?

Thanks for the link Ron.

I'm seeing this from a back steet, neighbourhood bistro and i have very little experience of great wine, or great restauants, but willing to learn :biggrin:

I feel like SUCH a dope.

We frequent a very cool place with the best food available here that cannot get a liquor license as it is directly across the street from a school. Chef Brad encourages BYO, but does have crappy glasses. I never thought of bringing my own glasses. I will be bringing my own from now on. I feel so enlightened!!!

Glasses, not plastic. Plastic is so......plastic.

Stop Family Violence