• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anybody know anything about this Portland restaurant set to pop in may or june, I've heard Pascal Chureau of Fenouil is vying to create a 5 start dining experience in Portland. Also any comments on the newly developed south waterfront area, my antennae are telling me these ritzy condos and restaurants are gonna be hung out to dry while the economy continues to falter. I've already heard a lot of the condos are going to rental because they aren't selling.

Edited by Loosecanon Dolph (log)

The concept seems to be quite ambitious for Portland, a city where the small focused restaurant like Sel Gris, Le Pigeon or Beast seems to be preferred.

That said, Lucier is well located within easy distance from the growing numbers of well paid doctors and staff of OHSU who make the south waterfront their home.

Their stated goal is to become a destination restaurant for special events. I think there is room in Portland for a well marketed (and hopefully well received) destination restaurant.

• 4 months later...

We had a fantastic experience at Lucier last month. We loved everything about the place from the moment we pulled up! The inside is gorgeous, the food amazing and the service never missed a beat. We are trying to decide if we should go back here again or try somewhere else when we're back in Portland next week. Any suggestions would be appreciated! :)

Is Pascal Chureau still involved with Fenouil? We had a pretty awful meal there last week and, at the time, I decided that I wasn't interested in eating at another of his restaurants, no matter how nice it was, because our food was so amateurish.

Practice Random Acts of Toasting