• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sergi Arola Gastro

pedro

Just a heads up to you guys. Sergi Arola, after leaving La Broche, has opened his new restaurant, Sergi Arola Gastro, which has been operating for three weeks or so now. He and his wife, Sara Fort who runs the dining room, are the only owners behind it.

Very good reviews except for Capel's, published today at El País.

I've never been a great fan of Sergi, but the last two meals I had at La Broche were awesome. A couple of weeks ago I dined at Gastro, where they featured their first menu consisting of 'hit parade' dishes from Sergi which now has changed, and it was flawlessly executed but to me didn't reach the same level that the meals I mentioned before. Probably just a matter of time before they settle down.

PedroEspinosa (aka pedro)

thanks Pedro, I am a Sergi Arola fan, specifically because a meal at his restaurant when our son was 16 tipped him over the edge...our son, not S.A.... and convinced him to leave school and join a mich. restaurant as an apprentice.....

look forward to his new venture, another good excuse for a few days in Madrid (if one is needed...)

• 4 months later...