• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Senzone at the Hotel Hospes

pedro

After a period of relative calm, 2007 is finally going to be a quite good year in terms of interesting openings in Madrid. Astrid & Gastón, Diverxo, Kabuki Wellington, Zaranda... And, based on the meal vserna and I had today, I'd say that above all, Paco Morales and Rut Cotroneo new venture at the Hotel Hospes.

Paco Morales, who's worked as chef under Andoni's command at Mugaritz for several years and spent a whole season at elBulli, shows his own style, which doesn't rely on any gratuitous technology to present totally balanced dishes, using the natural texture of ingredients in clever combinations. He also avoids artificial complexity, achieving great and deep flavors with just a few ingredients in each dish.

Right now, one of the most ambitious restaurants in Madrid.

PedroEspinosa (aka pedro)

After a period of relative calm, 2007 is finally going to be a quite good year in terms of interesting openings in Madrid. Astrid & Gastón, Diverxo, Kabuki Wellington, Zaranda... And, based on the meal vserna and I had today, I'd say that above all, Paco Morales and Rut Cotroneo new venture at the Hotel Hospes.

Paco Morales, who's worked as chef under Andoni's command at Mugaritz for several years and spent a whole season at elBulli, shows his own style, which doesn't rely on any gratuitous technology to present totally balanced dishes, using the natural texture of ingredients in clever combinations. He also avoids artificial complexity, achieving great and deep flavors with just a few ingredients in each dish.

Right now, one of the most ambitious restaurants in Madrid.

Pedro: Thanks for your report about the many talents of both Rut and Paco both of whom have moved to Madrid as husband and wife. We know of their remarkable abilities from our visits to Mugaritz. We expect nothing but excellence from this husband and wife team. Senzone restaurant is a must visit to Madrid. We will be there in late Spring 2008. Judith Gebhart