• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

thanksiving in barcelona

catsrus9

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be in Barcelona for thanksgiving this year. Normally I cook a really elaborate meal for my family and friends, but unfortunately im currently staying in a small dorm and that doesn't have the necessary kitchen supplies. I really don't want to completely ignore the holiday.....are there any restaurants that cater towards stupid americans like myself and prepare special tasting menus? If not, perhaps ill just go to one of the other upscale restaurants ive been meaning to try before leaving spain.

Thanks everyone!

-Charlie

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITHOUT PUMPKIN PIE!?

Edited by catsrus9 (log)

• 2 weeks later...

Try Born Cooking, Corretger, 9 (off Princesa) 933 10 59 99. It's a small shop with American goods run by a Greek American woman who operates a catering facility for restaurants and private customers. I'd bet she' getting Thanksgiving up and going.

Chris Amirault

eG Ethics Signatory

Sir Luscious got gator belts and patty melts