• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Right Frosting

SusanGiff

Ha!  I wasn't buying K8Memphis's claim of getting that many pieces out of one cake, but now I can see it.  But what the book doesn't account for is the size of my pieces - 8 at the most out of that cake!

Ha yersef! Told yah so. :biggrin:

But truly, I tell my brides that you can get 24 cupcakes out of one recipe or cakemix. The same amount of batter will produce a 9x13 that can be cut it in half by the average teenage boy (or Geefron) and made into two servings. The cake they are purchasing from moi is calibrated with the cupcake calculator. The cake is also torted plus the added fillings.

These are not Great Wall of China cake servings these are traditional servings, 1x2x4. If they want to serve larger servings or have Aunt Louise's twelve year old twins doing the cutting & serving, then seriously consider ordering more cake. :raz:

Dude, you can see the flowers painted on the plate through some of the slices these people can cut.