• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

La Panzanella

Fat Guy

I'm pleased to report that my local market, Fairway, now has the bags again instead of just the boxes.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

I'm sorry to report that my market is now carrying the boxes! However, there are still some bags as well. I wonder it they are doing a test to see if anyone prefers the boxes, or if they are simply using their bag stock up and switching over to the boxes. I sure don't like the boxes. I like to see how dark the bake is. I can't believe how dependent I am on these crackers.

Calipoutine, at $3 a package I would grab 'em, past the date or not.

Paul, I don't care what else you do, just keep on makin' the original, the fennel and the onion. 3 new spicy flavors at once? Don't spread yourself too thin!

I'm sorry to report that my market is now carrying the boxes! However, there are still some bags as well. I wonder it they are doing a test to see if anyone prefers the boxes, or if they are simply using their bag stock up and switching over to the boxes. I sure don't like the boxes. I like to see how dark the bake is. I can't believe how dependent I am on these crackers.

Calipoutine, at $3 a package I would grab 'em, past the date or not.

Paul, I don't care what else you do, just keep on makin' the original, the fennel and the onion. 3 new spicy flavors at once? Don't spread yourself too thin!

Too late now as they wouldnt sell them to me.

Check out Big Lots, you'll probably be able to find them there.

• 4 weeks later...

Last week I was in Western, NY and ended up going to Big Lots again. I bought the crackers for 1.50 and they were in fact stale( expired in October).

Paul sent me a huge box of replacement crackers!! I can't wait to serve these to friends/family @ xmas.

Thanks Paul!!