• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Morrell Wine Bar and Cafe

borris

This place is a bit of a sleeper. I had just gone with some friends after work and I was pleasantly suprised by the wine as well as the food. We just sat at the bar and started working our way through what proved to be a very extensive wines by the glass list. Then we decided to order some appetizers. They were pretty tasty so we decided to move into some entrees and we were also very pleased to find everything across the board was very good. Some better than others, but all said and done we were very pleased. I would love to give a run down of all the food, but the wine began to take it's toll. I know that I had a very good fluke ceviche with a red pepper coulis, pickled onions and micro arugula as well as a sweet pea risotto with lobster and tomato coulis. Both very good. Rockefeller is not my favorite place to go in the city, but I would go there again especially if I had some business in the area.