• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

gastro in Namur?

Hi,

heading from paris to namur for the day on next tuesday with plenty of time for lunch, I am looking for a (very) good retaurant. I am actually considering "L'ere celeste". has anyone tried this one, or have other reco ? thanks alot

Let Eat Be

Food, Wine & other Delights

Hi,

heading from paris to namur for the day on next tuesday with plenty of time for lunch, I am looking for a (very) good retaurant. I am actually considering "L'ere celeste". has anyone tried this one, or have other reco ? thanks alot

L'ere celeste gets favourable mentions on resto.be but recently this site has lost its objectivity - I think they systematically delete negative reviews to keep their advertisers happy.

Sensum.be is also a commercial site but seems to be a bit more selective. They have a few recommendations in the general area of Namur although nothing in the town.

La Bergerie in Lieves-sur-Meuse has a good and long established reputation and is not far from Namur (10 or 15 minutes by car - Belgium is compact) - it has (or had) a Michelin star and, for what its worth, is supposed to be a favourite of the royal family. This dubious endorsement notwithstanding, it has some serious following and may be worth trying and has been on my list of "serious addresses" for a while. If you want somewhere particularly good and don't mind paying a little more than average, then this may be it.

Edited by kerriar (log)

Kerriar,

Thanks for your recos.

sadly la bergerie is close on tuesdays, but Semsum links to quite appealing restaurants such as l'air du temps & le darville.

Yes , the thing about l"ere celeste is that not that many sites write about it, so I am not sure about objectivity neither.

choice will be hard!

Let Eat Be

Food, Wine & other Delights