• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WineTV: The Next 'FoodTV'?

Rebel Rose

Long in the planning, Wine Television will launch in September. Just over a year ago, WTV planners sent questionnaires and press releases out requesting suggestions for programming ideas. But according to this press release, it looks to me to be pretty much the same stuff that is offered by FoodTV, Fine Living, and H&G Channel:

Wine Television is devoted to the World of Wine and its programming lineup includes:

Wine Chefs

Perfect Match

Wine Auction TV.

Wine 101

Art, Wine & Travel

Great Vineyard Vacations

Women of Wine

Wine Collector

WineGasms

and Pimp My Cellar

Programming will be simulcast on the Internet with streaming ad-supported video at http://www.winetelevision.tv.

Mary Baker

Solid Communications

Find me on Facebook

Long in the planning, Wine Television will launch in September.  Just over a year ago, WTV planners sent questionnaires and press releases out requesting suggestions for programming ideas.  But according to this press release, it looks to me to be pretty much the same stuff that is offered by FoodTV, Fine Living, and H&G Channel:

Wine Television is devoted to the World of Wine and its programming lineup includes:

Wine Chefs

Perfect Match

Wine Auction TV.

Wine 101

Art, Wine & Travel

Great Vineyard Vacations

Women of Wine

Wine Collector

WineGasms

and Pimp My Cellar

Programming will be simulcast on the Internet with streaming ad-supported video at http://www.winetelevision.tv.

But, maybe that's all that people really want?

Mary,

I think people don't know what they want...well because they have so few options...this will change over time...it took them since Sept 2004 when the world loved it until now to be first excepted...USA is very slow with this...still it's good and will turn people on to wine...

Click On Me