• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chorey-Les-Beaune

southern girl

Chorey- les - Beaune is a village in Burgundy. You most likely had a burgundy (pinot noir) from that village. Toillot makes one.

Cote de Beaune is most likely a pinot noir made from grapes outside the village appelations, but in the regional appelation.

beachfan

Thanks Beachfan...this one was from Joseph Drouhin (1997)definitely pinot in style and taste...I am still a neophyte when it comes to French appelations...thanks for your help...can you suggest others I might enjoy...the bottle cost on this one was $23 according to the hostess....I would think that would be fair given the producer...am I close?

Thanks Beachfan...this one was from Joseph Drouhin (1997)definitely pinot in style and taste...I am still a neophyte when it comes to French appelations...thanks for your help...can you suggest others I might enjoy...the bottle cost on this one was $23 according to the hostess....I would think that would be fair given the producer...am I close?

I'll have to leave the Burgs to others more knowedgeable. However if you can find Ecard's Savigny les Beaunes 1996 (he has a few) or Toillot's Chorey les Beaune 1996, I'd be interested to know what you think.

There's a thread on Rhone wines that has a lot of info on those appelations.

beachfan

• 3 weeks later...
Okay Wineheads :biggrin:...I am familiar with a Cote de Beaune...but, tonight I had a Chorey-Les-Beaune (which I thoroughly enjoyed)...can someone tell me more about the wine and the grape, blend etc.

Thanks.

Chorey-les-Beaune is more commonly bottled as Cote-de-Beaune-Villages. It seems to sell better under that label then as it's village name. Drouhin is a large landholder in this village and maintains all of it's vineyards except Chablis organically. They are very proud of this wine and bottle it under the village name. It is an exceptional value. Look for the 1999. It is really drinking well right now. I finished one just a few hours ago. :biggrin:

Chorey- les - Beaune is a village in Burgundy.  You most likely had a burgundy (pinot noir) from that village.  Toillot makes one.

Cote de Beaune is most likely a pinot noir made from grapes outside the village appelations, but in the regional appelation.

Cote-de-Beaune is from the village only. Drouhin's happens to be young vines of Clos-des-Mouche.

from the B.I.V.B website (aka god)

Communal appellation

This appellation includes no premier cru climats.

It should not be confused with the entirely different appellation CÔTE DE BEAUNE-VILLAGES.