• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tony on Oprah

vivelafrance

While I don't have anything against Oprah, per se, her show (or any talk show, honestly) is not on my normal radar... or I should say, wouldn't be unless there was someone I found personally interesting as a guest.  Anthony Bourdain (sorry; I can't bring myself to be so familiar as to call him "Tony,") would be eminently worth watching, and not just because I might get to see him elaborate on the comments he made as a guest blogger <a href="http://blog.ruhlman.com/2007/02/guest_blogging_.html">here</a> last week.  (If you haven't seen it, you really should.  No, really.  Just... go there.)

Somehow, after reading the throwdown referenced above, I don't think we'll be seeing him on RR's show anytime soon... but if he did,  I think I would even brave *that* to see him.  It'd be a hoot... although my vote for his next media opportunity would be a show featuring AB & AB (that is, Anthony Boudain & Alton Brown.)  Two guys with personality AND cooking skills.  That'd be must-see TV to me.  And great PR for both of them, as I'd Tivo that sucker and make everyone I know watch it...

That was a great blog!

WOW, we have a real Bourdain fan club going here. I hope he appreciates your dedication, because obviously there is nothing Mr Bourdain can do wrong in some people's book. I still like him, his books and his shows, but I am not going to defend everything he does, no matter what. A little criticism has never hurt anyone....And a little distance on some people's part wouldn't hurt either....

That's a lot more diplomatic than I would have put it.

WOW, we have a real Bourdain fan club going here. I hope he appreciates your dedication, because obviously there is nothing Mr Bourdain can do wrong in some people's book. I still like him, his books and his shows, but I am not going to defend everything he does, no matter what. A little criticism has never hurt anyone....And a little distance on some people's part wouldn't hurt either....

That's a lot more diplomatic than I would have put it.

For a "little criticism" among Bourdainophiles, you might want to check out the AB guest blogs at ruhlman.com.

:hmmm:

--For a "little criticism" among Bourdainophiles, you might want to check out the AB guest blogs at ruhlman.com. --

God, what a sycophant convention. I've gotta hand it to Bourdain, though...he's gotten more fame and money out of shooting the same fish in a barrel than just about anyone in media history.