• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rosa Mexicano

NJ2FLA

11701 Lake Victoria Gardens Ave. #5101

Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They opened a Rosa Mexicano here in Palm Beach in a new outdoor mall called Downtown at the Gardens.

I went there last night and wasn't that thrilled and thought it was quite expensive for what it was.

I did order a pitcher of Sangria for $22. The bartender took the plastic (kind you find everywhere) and filled it over the brim with ice cubes. He then added the liquor and I sipped my drink and it was all watered down. I complained and he considerably added more liquor and it was much better. He said the ice was to keep it nice and cold. Obviously they are trained to do that to make more profit.

I had a dish of what they called Taco's and it was with chicken and cheese on a hot skillet. It's served with flour tortillas that are soft. It also comes with a sweet type cole slaw with pineapple and raisins which was the best part of the meal. I believe this dish was around $17-18. The skillet was square and about 3x3 inches. There was an ample amount of chicken but thats mainly what the dish was about. It maybe would total up to one breast if that.

I am not really in a rush to head back there.

They also serve chips which were coated in salt. The sauce for the chips which one is green and the other brown were pretty good though.

We didn't order the freshly made at your table guacamole.

-Scott