• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gin Lane

raji

As i posted here:

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?act=ST&f=88&t=91472

but it probably belongs here instead...

"Looks like I will be here in the very immediate future - for dinner AND drinks - who has been recently and who can provide advice to what food and cocktails were the best? Looking for guidance, any tips appreciated!"

Haven't eaten there.

As I posted on the cocktail thread -- I can't especially recommend the drinks. And I've heard some more recent reports that weren't at all encouraging. Let's just say that apparently Mr. DeGroff was paid to put together a list and then walked away (and there's nothing wrong with that per se, but their marketing people pushed that aspect hard).

I thought this was sad for a place that was hyped as Gin Lane but they're on restaurant.com so if you're going to eat there anyway you can get a $25 gift certificate for $4. There are plenty of places on the internet to find a discount code to get the gift certificate for that low a price. It's good for food but not toward drinks. It looks expensive for what it is but this way you'll save something.