• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sylvester's

bpsklar

I've been to Sylvester's within the past 6 months. Food was very good, service efficient, all male wait staff can be a bit on the pushy side. Overall it's a spot I would return to and has been worth the drive from Morris County. By the way Sylvester is the son of the late and great Sonny D.

A real tough customer

Rosie - we had a veal chop milanese and a grilled salmon dish. Salmon was around $20 and the veal was around $25 both with a veg and starch . On the regular menu pastas are around $15 and entreea $16 to $25 range. A decent wine list, fairly priced. There is a small "wine room" when you walk into the main dining room and there may be a reserve wine list, I'm just not sure. The decor was current and stylish. The restaurant is in an old house nicely done.

In Morris County American Grill in Randolph is one of our favorites in fact we were there last nite. Good as always Lou. Luigi's in Succasunna is more casual but has an outstanding wine list. In New Brunswick we like Soho on George. In Harding we like Pierre's and in Passaic Park we like Dish.