• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fizzy Lizzy Sodas

djsexyb

Has anyone tried this line of gourmet sodas, they were recently rated rather well in the latest edition of Sante. Anyone have some notes on them? and do you know where i might be able to find them in the chicagoland area? Thanks in advance.

Grand Cru Productions

Private High End Dinners and Personal Chef Service

in Chicago, Illinois

For more information email me at:

grandcruproductions@hotmail.com

heres a link to their website:

http://www.fizzylizzy.com/index.asp

I found the store locator. duh! but does anyone have any tasting notes for any of these???

Grand Cru Productions

in Chicago, Illinois

• 2 weeks later...

ok everyone. i procured a few different bottles of Fizzy Lizzy and let me just say, "Wow these are good...Wow!" There PR says that they are geared toward the adult palate and they suited mine just fine. i couldnt get enough.

Please read up on them as they are extremely better for you than traditional sodas and other supposedly good fruit juices. they containe no added sugar or corn syrup, very little juice fillers, and above all, taste great.

Let it be known that these juices are more acidic than some might be used to, but they are very refined and go GREAT with food pairings as they are great palate cleansers.

I took some notes, and let it be known that i am a big contributor the the wine forum, so my notes might seem a little complex to some. All drinks were tasted in 7.5 oz curved champagne flutes.

Fizzy Lizzy Fuji Apple

Crystal clear, golden yellow fading into light burnt orange color. There are sweet apple aromas of granny smiths, red delicious, and, of course, fuji. This drink smelled like autumn with a hint of ground coriander on the finish.

Theres a light perillance on the tongue and is mediuim bodied, crisp, and clear with refreshing apple flavor. Theres a thick, warm apple note that is held steadfast by an acid spine.

This lasts quite a while, and cleanses the palate well. a little seltzer note lingers. Overall this is highly recommended. Out of the four tasted this felt a hair over carbonated, but extremely enjoyable. Serve with Saute duck liver with sweet and sour red onion, honey whipped yukon golds, and apple cider vinegar reduction.

Edited by djsexyb (log)

Grand Cru Productions

in Chicago, Illinois

Fizzy Lizzy Passionfruit

Thick orange color with lots of sediment nectar, deep color. Powerful aromas of passionfruit and grapefruit juice accents. Hawaiin gauva ntoes, as well as pinneapple after a while.

Very light pettillance, strong and thick passionfruit flavor, medium bodied, followed by guava. Quite tart, but matural sweetness keeps it firmly in check. grapefruit rind in the end.

Doesnt last more than 8-10 seconds, but cleanses the palate gracefully. acid tartness lingers a bit. Overall this is very nice and would go great with just about anything, especially a turkey and artichoke pannini with mild chipoltle mayo.

Note: after warming in the glass, a musty yellow curry note shows in the nose, different, but does nothing to hamper fully enjoying this.. serve well chilled.

Grand Cru Productions

in Chicago, Illinois

Fizzy Lizzy Grapefruit

Mellow and thick pastel orange sherbet color. very deep. Ruby grapefruit nose, initially, followed by subtle white grapefruit, pith, white pepper, and ground ginger.

Quite naturally acidic with a bitter tinge at the end. Quite like biting straight into a whole grapefruit. Pure grapefruit flavors dominate followed by pith and the ground ginger note.

Lasts a while (20sec) with lingering bitterness. Overall: subtle carbonation is very nice. it gets fruitier as it airs in the glass, taking on an orange, juicy tone.

I can see this in a vodka or bombay sapphire martini with a little pinneapple juice and a sugar coated rim. or serve straight with soy and honey glazed salmon with a mango and pappya chutney and mint demisalat...or ceviche.

Edited by djsexyb (log)

Grand Cru Productions

in Chicago, Illinois

their newest offering...

Fizzy Lizzy Black Currant

Dark garnet and maroon color, with a thick doth and some visible pulp. Niagra and Concord grae aromas followed strongly by black currant and an almost meaty (rare roast beef) note. also white peppercorns, and an aroma that reminds me of pears poached in red wine.

Acidic bate at first with lovely black currant filling the mouth. blackberries in the end.

Lingers 20-30 seconds with firm acidity. This was the most complex nose i have every found in fruit juices/soda/hell, it beats many wines.

This was damn good--ridiculously tastey.

Serve with coffee crusted steak, seared medium rare and served with wild mushroom sauted in truffle oil, and a cheesy potato gratin....or with a cold roast beef or pastrami sandwich.

Grand Cru Productions

in Chicago, Illinois

• 2 months later...

fizzy lizzy has been around here in the northwest part of new jersey for several years and i like her grapefruit soda - though i can create a reasonable replacement on my own. see if yo can find GuS - Grownup Soda. this has become my new addiction - especially the meyer lemon and valencia orange. here's their website:

http://drinkgus.com/

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites