• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sushi in Harrisburg

UnConundrum

There's a sushi place on Second Street in Harrisburg... the name escapes me at the moment, but it's just across the street from Zia's Italian. I've never eaten there personally, but when I worked at the Capitol, people used to order from there all the time. (I want to say it's call Mikayo? Not sure.)

There are rumors about a new Asian fusion place coming into downtown sometime soon...

There's a sushi place on Second Street in Harrisburg... the name escapes me at the moment, but it's just across the street from Zia's Italian.

Thanks, but he's been there. Got an "It's ok" from him.... He's tough to please. Spent four years in Montreal with all their great restaurants. Was hoping for something better.

UnConundrum-

I don't know of any sushi places in Harrisburg.  However, I'll be in the greater Harrisburg metropolitan area (aka Carlisle) this weekend; I'll ask my friends there if they have any recommendations.

Any luck Andrew? I'm sure he'd gladly head over to the West Shore, or even Carlisle, if the trip was worth it. There used to be some decent restaurants in the Camp Hill area, but that was years ago.... I remember Rizzo's was pretty good, but the Harrisburg version is gone now.

According to my friend, "everybody agrees that Sapporo East on Route 11 is excellent". That's outside of Harrisburg, heading towards Carlisle; I'm afraid, however, that I don't have an address.

I know that there's a new sushi place in Carlisle, in the space that formerly belonged to Empire (which was a first-rate restaurant, not just for Carlisle, but for anywhere; I'm sad that it's gone). But I don't know if it's any good.

Sorry that the information is so sketchy; I hope that you or your son can check these places out and report back!